|Onion Flower Pakoras AKA Vengaya Poo Pakoda|
|Onion flower/Vengaya Poo|
|Spring Onion stalk|
For these pakoras, I used the simple, standard method of mixing equal proportions of besan (chickpea flour) and rice flour.
Ass asafetida (just a pinch) some sambar powder/curry powder for spice and salt
Wash these beauties well and dab dry with towel or wash before hand and allow to dry naturally
Heat oil to fry
Dip the flower into the batter and fry
Drain excess oil from the pakoras with paper towels
Serve hot by itself or with some ketchup
|Close up :)|
And now, I am happy to announce that my Blog is hosting the Bake Fest this month of May - This event is a brainchild of Vardhini of Zesty Palette/ Cook's Joy- Look forward to all your entires
1. Send in any recipe which has been baked / broiled.
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. I normally accept eggs in baking and hence eggs are allowed.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
4. Link to this event announcement and Vardhini original Bake Fest announcement is mandatory. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. You can send in any number of new entries and a maximum of 2 old entries.
6. PLEASE ONLY USE LINKY to submit your entries (no email entries please!!!)