I am not usually a fruit in a payasam sort of person – I love me milk with sugar and cardamom, at times with freshly cooked rice. But the challenge for Avant Garde Cookies for the hush-hush week that Roshni laid on me was using fruits or whatever to make a pradhaman. Thanks for the push, Roshni – We actually loved it and it was almost a meal to have a cup of that, as a replacement for breakfast.
A very simple and quick to put together recipe.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup of sweetened coconut (grated)
- 1tsp of cardamom
- 7-8 crushed cashews
- 1tsp of coconut oil
- 1tsp of butter
- Empty condensed milk and the evaporated milk in a sauce pan and whisk together.
- Pour into a mixer along with the bananas and blend until smooth
- Pour back into the saucepan and start heating
- In a separate pan, lightly brown the coconut and cashews with 1 tsp of butter
- Add to the boiling mix
- Allow it to cook with the pradhaman for about 2-3 minutes
- Add 1 tsp of coconut oil before serving