My blog is guest-hosting hosting Mharo Rajasthan’s
blog event – Veggie/Fruit a Month and the star veggie on my blog is the much touted (by me thanks to Dr Oz) and supposedly one of the healthiest vegetable – The Sweet Potato – or La Patate Douce or Chakravelli Kazhangu, Camote etc – If you have not cooked with this wonder veggie hitherto, please, this is your chance to give them a shot – here are some of my sweet potato recipes –
Thank you Priya
for giving me this wonderful opportunity to showcase my most favorite veggie
There are few rules of this event:
· The chosen veggie or fruit has to be the STAR of the recipe.
· It can be cooked in any way or can be in its raw form in the recipe.
· It can be any course of the meal (appetizer/main course/side dish/dessert/beverage or breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack).
· Recipe has to be strict vegetarian (eggs are allowed). This is simply to re-enforce the fact that we can eat veggies without any meat and also for all our vegetarian friends, who do not eat meat.
· You HAVE to make new recipes and old archived posts are not allowed. This is just so that we try and make new fresh recipes
· Please send in your entries before end of March 31, 2012.
· You can choose any kind of fruit/veggie that is featured. Feel free to mention the variety if you know.
· Always try to buy and use locally grown veggie and fruits
Please use linky below to enter your recipes
Please feel free to send any suggestions or feedback on the event or if you have any questions regarding any of the rules.
Ongoing event “Cooking for Kids“, A brain child of Kalyani -Sizzling Tastebuds – The ingredient – Sprouts- I have cooked 3 recipes I cannot wait to share!
Do send your entries to both events
Look forward to your entries – send them along starting now …:)