1) Link your entry to my event using Linky tool below- and please run the logo on your blog along with the recipe – Any number of entries are welcomed –
2) New and exceptional old recipes that you think must get more recognition are allowed –
3) Please provide an active link to this post on your blog post.
4)NO PRESERVES OR PICKLES please!
5) Please DON’T email your entries to me
6) If you have any questions about the event, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Aside – Please provide accurate measurements of ingredients with photos so that your photos will corroborate with the written recipe – this helps a lot of non-Indian followers who like the visual understanding of it –
Go ahead and have a blast
Look forward …
I am kick starting this event with my promised Cucumber -Sesame Chutney – which i made as a side for my last previous post Green Moong Bondas
Sesame Cucumber Chutney
1/2 cup Cream colored Sesame seeds
1 Long cucumber peeled and de-seeded
2 tbsp Urad Dal
3-4 Dry red chilies
A pinch of asafetida
2 tsp of sesame oil
Heat oil and add the ingredients and roast until the sesames & urad dal are popping and turning golden.
Remove from flame, cool and grind adding desired salt
Temper by heating 1 tsp of sesame oil and spluttering a few mustard seeds and curry leaves
NOTE: If the cucumber or sesame seems to add a slight bitterness (which I LOVE) and you don’t like it, just dissolve 1/2 tsp of sugar in 1-2 tsp of lemon juice to the chutney after you have ground it
This is a great dip for a variety of dishes, including dosais or with raw cucumbers themselves:)
This is the first of many to come so stay tuned and do link your wonderful, innovative, chutneys to this event.