But never too late I say!
The easiest yet most satisfying mixed rice for a rice lover. I have replaced the ghee or at least part of it with sesame oil - just as tasty. Such a wonderful dish to take for a potluck, for a Sunday brunch or just about anytime the craving hits you, like it does me. EASIEST RECIPE
- 1 cup of basmati or other rice cooked with 2-1/2 -3 cups of water
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh black pepper - ground fine
- 1 tbsp salt also ground with the pepper
- 1: 2 tablespoons ratio of ghee to sesame oil +1tbsp of butter
- Cashew, curry leaves
- pinch of asafetida
- Cook rice really soft to mush
- Pepper and and salt ground fine
- Get a wide bowl
- hear ghee (butter ) once the water is gone it is clarified into ghee. Add the asafetida to this as you heat - Add the sesame oil to this and keep
- Add 1/3 of the rice and 1 tbsp of the pepper mix topped with 1 tbsp of ghee oil mix
- With a fork mix the pepper into the rice
- Once all the rice and the pepper are mixed, with a potato masher, mush the rice so it will absorb the pepper nicely
- Heat the butter add the cashews and the curry leaves and roast until cashews are golden.
- Pour over rice and mix in and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve HOT
No Sides Required but you are free to have chips or appalam with it